
I got my gift early this year. His name was Andrew and I think he's going to stay a while. He came in at 8lbs 14 oz. He likes to visit at night and I can't get enough of how his little breath smells. Is there a way to bottle that smell? I would pay a fortune for it. He cries sometimes but it's only because he wants to be snuggled. He is already four weeks old and I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. No matter what I've tried I can't slow down time and keep this little one fresh and new. As I stay up and hold him I can't believe how trusting he is. His little body is clumsy and he can't do anything for himself. He is totally dependant upon us for his care. He has come with the faith that we will take care of him until he can take care of himself. As I get the privilege of doing that for him for this short season of time I am stuck with the reality of how much I am like my tiny son. I too am clumsy in my body, I make mistakes all of the time and I am also totally dependant upon another for what I need. I am grateful to have a savior who agreed to take care of me. My very breath is borrowed, my health, my mind, my family, my life, they are all gifts that I am grateful for. What a wonderful time of year to remember the gifts that we have all been given and to know that we have all been given the best gifts there are.
3 comments:
Oh Lisa! Andrew is so adorable. I am sorry we missed the blessing. We both had to be at church that day for our callings or we would have come. You are such an amazing mom and so blessed! Can't wait to see you guys for the Christmas party! Love you!
You are a blessing in so many lives! (including mine.) What a sweet blog. Those late night moments when the world is finally quiet is a treasure for a mom and her new little one.
Your words brought back many sweet, tired, busy, but oh so precious, memories. Thank you. I love you.
Thank yofor your words and your family Christmas Card!
We love you!
Post a Comment